| We started by identifying a few key issues that have come up in my research. |
We then thought about how we could convey those issues through the artefact. I thought that maybe rather that just a home learning guide, I could create a toolkit - using the idea of the box - that teachers could use for exam preparation classes. So this would include the students home learning guide as well as some teacher tools. For example an assessment journal as mentioned by Morgan and Saxton (1987). This would guide the teacher how to keep a detailed record of students progress providing opportunities for feedback.
My sister then asked me to detail for her what would be the typical lesson plan over 10 weeks of exam preparation classes. We both agreed that an issue is with a group of around 20 students it is difficult to give each student one one one time and advice. I don't have time to watch all students and critique their performance as I also have to spend time testing them on theory questions that they will be asked in the exam. If more of this work could be done outside of class that would really help. I already do suggest this but if we can make it easy for them it would really help.
Here are a few of the ideas that we came up with so far.
Please share your thoughts :) As a teacher would you find this helpful?
References
Morgan, N. and Saxton, J. (1987). Teaching drama. Cheltenham [England]: Stanley Thornes.
References
Morgan, N. and Saxton, J. (1987). Teaching drama. Cheltenham [England]: Stanley Thornes.
No comments:
Post a Comment