Here is my rationale:
In my current professional practice as a Drama Teacher I
take my experience in performing arts and apply this to the learning and development
of young people. Within the children’s theatre school I work for I provide drama
classes that tie in with the national curriculum as well as after school clubs,
Saturday schools and private tuition.
Within these lessons we prepare the students for London Academy of Music
and Dramatic Art (LAMDA) exams in communication: verse and prose. This led to
many of my questions about my professional practise being about how I can best
prepare students for exams. I have decided that for my inquiry I would like to
look into performing arts exam syllabuses and how they are put together. I
would like to find out more about why certain exercises are chosen and
different teaching methods that are used in preparing students. My aim is that
through my inquiry I will understand more about the pedagogy that is behind the
exam syllabus so that I can transfer this to my students in my own teaching
methods. I think that the title (Arts in education) is appropriate for my award
title because my knowledge and professional practise centres around this. It
would also be relevant to my future career development as I would like to go on
to do my teacher training, continuing to inspire young people through my
passion for the arts.
Any thoughts or feedback?
No comments:
Post a Comment